Thursday, December 8, 2016

Thankfu, When Not Really

Behind our home of 16 years is what has been a few acres of trees. They shielded our subdivision from noise and sight of a commercial/manufactured zoned area. The sun would be well into the sky before we had sunrise over the treetops. We had the joy of other people's trees with NO obligation or responsibility.
Lately woodsman have been cutting the trees to make an expansion of the business property. Quite noisy for sure!  As work progressed, it was obvious almost all trees were departing, opening our windows to views no longer of Georgia woods, but of Georgia metal warehouse type buildings.
Recently learning that many people (whether Christian or not) speak of the Great value of being Grateful.  That reminded me I'd not come to point of an attitude of gratitude for the neighborhood changes.   So, I decided if the new view was what we had, that would have to  be okay. I wasn't get tax bills for those trees. I could be appreciative of our new normal. Maybe not my choice, but landowners should have a lot of say with their own property.
AND THE NEXT DAY.... the loggers came back and continued the project.  In fact, days later, they still were busy.  True, my new attitude made me much happier inside. I did wonder during our first days of significant clouds and rain if there would be a positive visible from the absence of our "borrowed" trees.
One change was that our sunrises are going to be almost an hour earlier!! That's definitely noticeable.  AND, they are amazingly beautiful!! Full of audacious streaks and patterns of color never seen from our perspective with a sunrise in over sixteen years! It seems as if Father was saying: "I'm still working on the smallest details of life that concern you, and still in the creative arts business!"
Gratitude is recommended, whether feelings support it at the time!

No comments: