Friday, November 14, 2008

Current Events & Old Testament Prophets

In my daily reading through the Bible, I've recently finished Proverbs, Ezekiel, Daniel, and Hosea. I make notes of thoughts and impressions in a journal I keep with my Bible, and look over them from time to time.

There was a stunning revelation, reading how God spoke to his people about their choices, and their activities. He talked about the way they conducted themselves and how they treated others. He was very upset, and predicted a time of financial, agricultural, political, military and natural disasters. He gave particular detail for these things as they would occur to different peoples.

The part that was so amazing to see: I couldn't tell the difference between what I'm reading in the Bible, and what I'm reading in the newspaper, see on the web, or find in the cable news!! God's description over 2,000 years ago of the conduct of His chosen people, sounds like a breaking update on a current news story!!

Keep your Bible close, read it, and check the Old Testament prophets against your favorite source of daily news! See what you think....

No comments: