Saturday, August 9, 2008

Scars & Stripes

One of my great joys is working with the men and women in our church's college and young singles ministry. I get a kick out of telling them that I know all about MyFace, and SpaceBook! (And I do have a word of caution for my friends: Google once did not "find" things in FaceBook, but now I've noticed that it does....even brings up names of people from conversations "just between you and ______")

In the last 6 months, we've had several of our group to have injuries from softball sliding, mountain biking, contact with trees (yes!), cliff diving, etc. I've seen the results - and now Flag Football is coming up! Facebook testifies to other bloody events I've not witnessed in person. For some young men, they don't bother with tatoos, they just make their own scars through personal injury - - their body is like an adventure scrapbook: "I did it" !!

Scripture tells us that Jesus came to earth, lived among men, died to be our Savior, and left with the scars to prove it. Hebrews makes it clear that Jesus' blood and scars show He was fully man, and fully God, and He did His adventure for us. Check this video from our friends at Bluefish:

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=9828c4f137e349cde467

No comments: